Tuesday, July 28, 2009

long time, no?

Yeah, it has been a good couple months since I've last ventured on to the blogspotin' scene. True story. But this is my now second day of being jobfree (as opposed to jobless); and it's my perfect chance to get back on to the whole social network medium for the purpose of what I intended to use it for> writing.



Okay you got me. Maybe it's not literally the perfect time to hop back on since I am coming off two hours of sleep, tracking back from MADMONDAYS at the standard in West Hollywood; and my boy Hip is still crashed out on the floor below me (taking over my Laker blanket, damn him). If it wasn't too dark I would be totally embarrassing him over twitter with some candid shots. Save for another day...



I just got a text from CNN that Judge Sotomayor is now Justice Sonia Sotomayor. Nice, a perfect lead on to my next subject: BIZYness. I haven't been able to find time to post up new writings in the past few months but it is needless to say that LIFE HAS NOT BEEN FOR THE SLOW MOVING. A few HEADLINERS from recent weeks: THE LA LAKERS ARE 2009 NBA CHAMPIONS!; THE KING OF POP DEAD AT 50; LOS ANGELES IS BROKE; WILL LA PAY FOR MICHAEL JACKSON MEMORIAL?; OBAMA CAUGHT GOCKING AT YOUNG WOMANS BOTTOM?; WHAT IS A 'WISE LATINA WOMAN' AND WHAT WOULD PROVOKE A LATINA WOMAN TO USE THOSE WORDS?; BLACK HARVARD PROFESSOR ARRESTED IN OWN HOME, WAS ARRESTED BY WHITE COPS; DEMOCRATS TRY TO FINALIZE HEALTHCARE PLAN!; REPUBLICANS ATTEMPT TO BLOCK DEMOCRATS HEALTHCARE PLAN; CALIFORNIA PASSES BUDGET TAKING AWAY 6 BILLION FROM STATE FUNDED SCHOOLS.

Yikes. Nothing short of surprising I might say. And this is what only made National headlines. I'm sure if my own personal news got printed up on dead trees and pixilated out into the world each day, it would go something like this:



THE DAILY J!

stffu_sndee_ot_etg_onde!

!!!!!

accpetde

tisonqeus

twah_hte_ lelh_stju_ hapedpen

angeloses_ciscosanfran

0815_09

leyberke.

lmf.

??

I_LLWI_ ISSM_EVRYEOEN.

....

..

I'm tired.



- A list of mixed up, jumbled, star-crossed, life changing, influential, unessential... insignificant... little... trivial... words.



I'm sure this does not only fall upon me; but for the majority of us. If so, I send this message out there just for you. The "BIZYness" is made up of all the surprises that await us in life. It's that Box of Chocolates that Forrest Gump spoke so highly about. It consists of the things that we have little or no control of; the things that come out as us swingin' with a left jab followed by a right hook. We may be riding around on this scooter (preferably skateboard) of life, enjoying the cruise control we set at our own pace. Yet we are bound to hit bumps and we will come across the forks. It may be unpleasant, it may cause you to become fearful, but welcome every little trouble, fear and surprise that may come your way. These are the things that make life plentiful and worthwhile, the things that cause us to become so animately busy that we go to bed thinking about what's next, wake up to get started, then realize it was just a dream about waking up and now you actually have to get out of bed! But let yourself become engulfed in what you're passionate about, become busy, knock down the roadblocks and follow what makes you happy. Don't let fear guide you.





Let your foundation get shaken up a bit every blue moon. Life is short. Life is sweet.

But the sweet is never as sweet without the sour.



Until next time.









No comments:

Post a Comment